Peter Pearson was born in 1955, a native Dubliner. He was educated at the institution now known as Newpark Comprehensive School where he was later to return and teach art. He went to read Art History at Trinity College Dublin.]
He held his first major solo exhibition in Venice in 1978 while studying on an Italian Government painting scholarship.] He has also exhibited at Caen.
A short RTE seven minute film for Youngline presented by Teres Mannion in 1984 showed the artifacts he was amassing in the house in Dublin he was sharing at that time with his brother. Mannion describes him thus: “He’s an ordinary man driven by an extraordinary obsession to record the day to day life of old Dublin”. The film also showed him characteristically exploring builders skips for his artifacts collection.]
In the heritage officer for An Taisce in 1985 claimed that Pearson was responsible the for the co-ordination of their 1985 report the identified the Temple Bar area by name and included a comprehensive historic and architectural inventory which led to its significance being re-evaluated and which led to Charlie Haughey initiate a special government project to rehabilitate the area.]
It was Pearson’s interest in old buildings which led him to swing across a moat to Drimnagh Castle in 1985 and to initiate a multi-agency campaign to stop the demolition of the building and to bring about its restoration.
In October 2015 Bonhams held an exhibition of his Architectural Heritage Dublin Fragments Collection at their Irish Office. In March 2020 an exhibition was also held alongside a collection of the artist’s own artworks hosted by the Irish Georgian Society at City Assembly House, Dublin.